Boiled Green Peas-3/4cups
Khus Khus / Poppy Seeds-3tbs
1. Mix curd and salt and marinade the paneer pieces in it for 15 minutes.
2. Heat ghee and add onions and saute till oil separates.
3. Soak khus khus in warm water for 7-8hours.
4. Add all the other ingredients for the paste and grind it to a fine paste.
5. Add this paste to the sauteed onion and saute for a minute.
6. Add coriander, cumin, red chilly and turmeric powders.
7. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil.
8. Add paneer, green peas, cream and sugar and simmer for 5m minutes.
9. Serve hot with Varqui paratha.
Do you remember my Valentine’s day dinner? I prepared this paneer dish to go with varqui paratha. The combination was so delicious. This is a mughlai recipe and I tried it after reading this recipe in Tarla Dalal’s book. The khus khus added richness to the gravy. The colour of the dish was stunning.