Baking Soda-a pinch
Grated Coconut-1cup(tightly packed)
1. Mix flour, salt, sugar, yeast in a bowl.
2. In a cup, add curd and baking soda and mix well until fluffy.
3. Add butter, curd mixture to the flour and mix well.
4. Add luke warm water to the flour and knead a slightly sticky dough.
5. Start with 1/4cup of water and add in tbs as required.
6. You may not want the 1/2 cup of water fully.
7. Knead the dough for 10minutes until smooth and silky.
8. Keep it covered for 1 hour- 1 1/2hours until double in volume.
9. Meanwhile prepare the filling.
10. Mix coconut, sugar, milk, vanilla and butter in a sauce pan and stir until slightly brown and thick.
11. Let it cool completely.
12. Grease a 8″ round cake tin.
13. Punch down dough and pat it into a circle.
14. Cut out 1/4th portion of the dough and keep it aside.
15. Divide the remaining portion into two equal parts.
16. Place one part in the pan and press to cover the base. The dough will spring back.
17. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Press it again.
18. Spread the filling on the base leaving a border of 0.5cm around.
19. Roll outthe other portion into a circle and place it on the filling. Press the edges to seal it with the base.
20. Roll out the 1/4th portion into a long rope and place it around the outer ciecumference.
21. Cover and let it rise.
22. When double, apply milk wash.
23. Preheat oven to 160C.
24. Bake for 10minutes. If it browns rapidly, cover it with aluminium foil and bake.
25. Bake for 20minutes.
26. Place the tin on a rack and let it cool for 5minutes.
27. Remove from pan and place on rack and allow it to cool completely.
28. Slice and serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13
Linking this to Anjali’s Cakes, Cookies and Desserts.