Lemon Yellow Food Colour-3-4drops
Ghee/ Clarified Butter-1/4cup
1. Dry roast oat bran until golden. Set it aside to cool.
2. Heat 1/8cup of ghee and add the cashew. When it starts changing colour, add water, food colour and cardamom powder.
3. When the water comes to boil, add roasted oat bran.
4. When it has fully absorbed the water add sugar. Let the sugar dissolve and come to a boil.
5. Add the remaining ghee ad stir for 3-4seconds.
6. Switch off stove and allow it to cool. If you want kesari as pieces, the pour the mixture onto a greased plate and cut after cooling.
7. Serve and enjoy..
Oat Bran Kesari
Oat Bran resembles rava/semolina. So I substituted rava with oat bran and prepared this delicious kesari. The texture remained the same. I had to use less water for this kesari. I prepared this as neivedhyam yesterday.