This is little different from the usual mysorepak. It does not have the pores, but is equally tasty. I am always in doubt when preparing sweets of this type. As I have told you earlier I will call all the deities for help. Sruti loves Mysorepak. I prepared it yesterday and I had to do it perfect. Otherwise my daughter will surely be disappointed. So I set out to prepare this famous and delicious sweet. For my utter surprise, it came out perfect. When H returned from office, I gave one to taste. Wow! It is just like mysorepak! This is what he told me. The experiment succeeded. Thank God! And Sruti loved it…
Besan/ Chick pea Flour-100gm
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed kadai.
- When it reduces to half the amount add the sugar and mix well.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Sift the besan and add this to the sugar and milk mixture.
- Stir it continuosly to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Heat ghee in a separate sauce pan.
- When the mixture starts boiling, add a ladle full of hot ghee to the mixture. Stir well.
- Do not stop stirring as this tends to stick and burn.
- Keep on adding ghee until the mixture starts leaving sides.
- At the final stage, the mixture will start bubbling with lot of holes in it.
- At this stage, pour it into a greased tray and press the top with back of a spoon to make it even.
- Pour any remaining ghee over it.
- After 10minutes, the mixture will start firming. At this stage, cut out desired shapes with a sharp knife.
- Allow it to cool completely. The ghee will be fully absorbed by the mysorepak.
- Now cut it again and store in airtight jar.
|When it is reduced to half add sugar|
|After 2 minutes of boiling add besan|
|Mix well with out lumps|
|Add hot ghee and stir|
|The sides will start bubbling|
|When the whole mixture starts leaving sides and start bubbling, the final stage is reached|
|Pour on a greased tray and pour the remaining ghee on it|
|Cut into squares|
|When completely cool, remove the pieces from tray|
P.S: You can also use 150gm refined oil and 150gm of ghee instead of using 300gm of ghee.