This is a very simple laddu. Ghee is used as the binding ingredient in this laddu. Actually the mixture of fried gram powder and sugar powder added with ghee must be crumbly and when you shape them into laddu you need to give lot of pressure. When cool the laddu melts in the mouth. I added extra ghee, so the laddu dried after a day. It was so tasty but it didn’t hold shape on the day of preparation.
Ghee-1/3cup (Do not add it in one go. Add little by little)
1. In a mixer grinder grind fried gram and sugar to a fine powder.
2. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
3. Heat ghee and add little by little to the mixture. If needed add more ghee.
4. With the help of a spoon, mix it well. The mixture should be slightly crumbly.
5. Shape into laddus. Give lots of pressure to shape the laddus. If shaping comes very easy, then the laddus will not hold shape.
6. When cool, serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me
Curry in a hurry under 30 min: Aarthi, Divya, Jayashree, Kaveri, Pavani,
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Priya Suresh,
Seven Days of Microwave Meals: Monika,
Seven Days of Regional Specials:Harini, Vaishali, Suma, PJ
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid’s Special: Kalyani
Summer Coolers: Jayasree, Kamalika, Srivalli