Eggplant / Brinjal-200gm (select small size)
Tamarind- a small lemon sized ball
Sambar Powder-1 1/2tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/4tsp
Mustard and urad dhal-1 tsp
1. Heat oil and splutter mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
2. Add the cut pearl onions.
3. Saute till golden brown.
4. Slit the brinjals with a cross incision with the stem intact.
5. Add to the onions. Saute on low flame till the colour of brinjal changes.
6. Prepare tamarind extract.
7. Add the tamarind extract to the brinjals.
8. Add sambar powder, turmeric and salt.
9. Cook on low flame till the brinjals are cooked and water is 90% evaporated.
10. The gravy will start leaving oil. At this stage switch off stove and transfer to a serving dish.
I am running a blogging marathon along with some of by friends for 15 days.Check out my Blogging Marathon buddies in action! Srivalli, Priya Suresh, Jay, Monika, PJ, Priya Vaasu, Azeema, Reva, Ayeesha, Usha, Veena & Soumya.
Kathrikkai / Eggplant Puli Kulambu
This is an yummy gravy which is usually served with rice. Appalam goes very well with this gravy. It tastes great when cooked in a mud pot. Please avoid pressure cooker, because it will ruin the taste. Sending this to Healing Foods- Eggplant at Seasoned and Dressed by Kavitha and started by Siri.