For the cup cake:
For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
1. Beat condensed milk and butter till fluffy.
2. Sift maida, baking powder, cocoa powder and soda-bi-carb 2 or 3 times.
3. Mix milk and essence.
4. Preheat oven to 180C.
5. Add the milk mixture into the butter mixture and mix it.
6. Now add the flour mixture and gently fold in. If the batter is too thick, add little milk to make it thinner.
7. The batter should be little thicker than idli batter.
8. Place paper cups inside the moulds.
9. Fill 2/3 level with batter.
10. Bake for 10-12minutes.
11. When the toothpick inserted comes out clean remove from oven and let it cool.
12. Remove from moulds.
13. Cream butter and essence until fluffy.
14. Sift cocoa powder, drinking chocolate and icing sugar.
15. Add this to the butter and mix well. Add milk to soften the icing.
16. Apply a coat on the cupcakes with a knife and smooth it out.
17. In a cone take the desired nozzle and add butter cream.
18. Decorate your cupcakes with design of your choice.
This is another chocolate cake I decorated for the neighbour’s daughter’s birthday. The frosting is done with butter cream and the roses are made with candy clay. This was prepared before I started blogging. So I don’t have a step by step tutorial. I will be preparing a cake in 5 days for another neighbour. I will try to do a photo tutorial on the frosting techniques for that cake.