This is a wonderful and yummy dish. You can use either maida or wheat flour. I just combined both. Pooris prepared with wheat flour is very soft whereas that prepared with maida is bit chewy. When combining both you get poori with both qualities. Potato masala goes well with pooris.
- Mix both flours and add salt.
- Add water and prepare a firm dough.
- Do not add water to soften dough. The smoothness should come from kneading the dough for at least ten minutes.
- When smooth roll out dough into small balls.
- Roll each ball into flat circles and deep fry in oil.
- For rolling, apply little oil on the rolling pin and board. Do not use flour.
- For nice pooris oil must be very hot.
- The balls must be rolled to even thickness to get nice round pooris.