As I mentioned in my last post, candy is testing my patience. Yesterday, I had planned on a vegetarian marshmallow. The mixture turned out beautifully and I let it set for 2 hours. But even after the setting time, my marshmallow didn’t set and I found that the problem was with the veg gelatin I used. So I just skipped posting yesterday as I was so frustrated. But I couldn’t skip it today also. I was searching for a foolproof easy breezy recipe when I stumbled on white chocolate fudge. There are too many versions of the fudge, some were even complicated, but I stayed away from those recipes. I went for a microwave version of an easy recipe. This recipe is so easy that even a kid can do it.
My fudge turned out awesome and I think it is so photogenic. With those green and orange speckles it looks awesome. And it also tastes divine. If you love white chocolate and nuts, this will surely tickle your taste buds. And the setting time is very less. It just takes two hours in fridge. I have done a microwave version. But if making on stove, use a double boiler to melt chocolate and condensed milk. This recipe is so versatile. Keeping the base chocolate you can create so many version according to your taste. I have used pistachios, almonds and candied peel. You can go for any other add ons as per your wish.
White chocolate – 250 gm
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 200 gm
Butter – 15 gm
Pistachios and Almonds – 1/2 cup
Candied Orange Rind – 2 tbs, finely chopped
In a microwave safe bowl, add condensed milk, chopped white chocolate and butter.
Heat on medium power for 20 seconds. Give a stir.
Repeat this until the chocolate melts and a thick fudge results.
Remove from oven, add the chopped nuts and candied orange peel and mix well.
Line and butter a 6″ square tin with the paper longer on the sides.
Pour the fudge inside and level it.
Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
Remove the fudge from the tin using the over hanging paper.
Slice it into 16 equal squares.
Store in airtight jar in fridge.
- White chocolate - 250 gm
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 200 gm
- Butter - 15 gm
- Pistachios and Almonds - 1/2 cup
- Candied Orange Rind - 2 tbs, finely chopped
- In a microwave safe bowl, add condensed milk, chopped white chocolate and butter.
- Heat on medium power for 20 seconds. Give a stir.
- Repeat this until the chocolate melts and a thick fudge results.
- Remove from oven, add the chopped nuts and candied orange peel and mix well.
- Line and butter a 6" square tin with the paper longer on the sides.
- Pour the fudge inside and level it.
- Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Remove the fudge from the tin using the over hanging paper.
- Slice it into 16 equal squares.
- Store in airtight jar in fridge.