For the second day, under mixed rice, I wanted to make fried rice. Whenever mixed rice is mentioned, my mind goes to our south Indian rice varieties. As I have blogged about most of the varieties I know, I thought of making fried rice as this also falls under the same category. Recently, my daughter has taken a great liking to Indo-Chinese dishes. So I find it great to make fried rice, manchurian or any noodles dish.
I mostly keep the base recipe same and just vary the ingredients to make different fried rice varieties. I used sautéed crumbled paneer to give it the egg fried rice look. And I also served Honey Sesame Chilly Potatoes along with the fried rice. It was a hearty and filling lunch that day. I have a pot of spring onions and whenever I make fried rice, I use my home grown spring onions. It surely gives a great satisfaction.
Cooked Rice – 2 – 3 cups
Oil – 2 tbs + 1 tsp
Crumbled Paneer – 1 cup
Carrot – 1
Cabbage – 1/2 cup
Green Chillies – 3-4
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilly Sauce – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilly Sauce – 1/4 tsp
Soy Sauce – 1/4 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Spring Onions – 3-4 tbs, chopped
In a pan heat 1 tsp of oil, and add crumbled paneer.
Sauté until slightly golden.
Transfer to a bowl and in the same pan heat remaining oil.
Add thinly sliced onions, carrot, green chillies and cabbage.
Saute until carrots are slightly soft.
Add all the sauces, vinegar, salt and pepper powder.
Cook until the carrots are soft.
Add the paneer and rice and mix on high flame until well combined.
Serve it immediately topped with spring onions.
- Cooked Rice - 2 - 3 cups
- Oil - 2 tbs + 1 tsp
- Crumbled Paneer - 1 cup
- Carrot - 1
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies - 3-4
- Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly Sauce - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Sauce - 1/4 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Spring Onions - 3-4 tbs, chopped
- In a pan heat 1 tsp of oil, and add crumbled paneer.
- Sauté until slightly golden.
- Transfer to a bowl and in the same pan heat remaining oil.
- Add thinly sliced onions, carrot, green chillies and cabbage.
- Sauté until carrots are slightly soft.
- Add all the sauces, vinegar, salt and pepper powder.
- Cook until the carrots are soft.
- Add the paneer and rice and mix on high flame until well combined.
- Serve it immediately topped with spring onions.