When Cindy announced that this month’s Bread Bakers challenge is nut meal and nut flour inspired, I was so happy. As you know I have been on a low carb high fat diet and am keeping myself away from breads. But making a bread with nut flour/ meal is the best option I can have as I use nuts a lot. I bookmarked a sandwich bun recipe, which I tried in a loaf tin and got good results. But it never made it to the blog. It was time I posted that recipe. As the recipe uses only almond flour, this is a gluten free bread. So if you have gluten allergy, then go for it. It is amazing.
The texture of the bread is so good and toasting works great with it. I didn’t have that particular mould to make the buns, so baked the buns in ceramic ramekins. I should have divided the batter between six, but I divided it into three. So the bread was so high, I had to make four slices from a single bread. I made two sandwiches from a bread, used green chutney and paneer cutlet in between the sandwich and it was totally yum. I had such a huge filling lunch that day. The next day, I used some chutney as a spread and toasted the slices and had them again for my lunch. I am so happy that I tried this. As it is high fat, make sure to have small portions. Even a slice will make you full.
Recipe Source: KVALI
Almond Flour – 75 gm
Ghee – 50 gm
Egg – 3
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Preheat oven to 190°C.
In a bowl mix together almond flour, salt and baking powder.
Add the ghee and eggs and combine until the batter is smooth.
Divide it into sandwich moulds/ ramekins and bake for 15 – 25 minutes until the top is golden.
Remove from the mould and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
This month’s BreadBakers’ theme is Breads with Nut Meals and Nut Flours inspired bread, hosted by Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
Enjoy all these creative breads using nut meals and nut flours from The Bread Bakers Group!
- Almond Blueberry Banana Bread by Stacy at Food Lust People Love.
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins by Pavani at Cook’s Hideout.
- Almond Flour Bread by Robin at A Shaggy Dough Story.
- Almond Flour Sandwich Buns by Gayathri at Gayathri’s Cook Spot.
- Almond Pear Bread by Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
- Carrot Nut Bread by Mayuri at Mayuri’s Jikoni.
- Citrus Bread with Macadamia Nuts by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm.
- Fig and Walnut Bread by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories.
- Fig Date Walnut Bread by Sneha at Sneha’s Recipe.
- Mixed Berry Almond Loaf by Namita at Ambrosia.
- Peanut Brittle Ring Bread by Sharanya at Sara’s Tasty Buds.
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Loaf by Sue at Palatable Pastime.
- Quick Almond Bread by Kalyani at Sizzling Tastebuds.
- Whole Grain Date Walnut Bread by Sona at Spill the Spices.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.