Today we are beginning the second week of Blogging Marathon #34. I will be posting under Cooking With Capsicum for the three days. Whenever I see capsicum in store, I buy it. I add it in all my recipes as it adds a nice colour and taste to the final dish. I love the mild taste it gives to the dishes. This chutney is one of the dishes I make with capsicum. It goes well with idlis and dosas. I have used only two green chillies so that even my daughter can enjoy this chutney. Feel free to use as many chillies you want. I paired with solam / Jowar dosai and it was very tasty. It is quite easy to make. Today is the first Sunday of the month and I am also linking this post to Lets Brunch on Sundays
Gingelly Oil-1+2 tbs
Mustard Seeds-1 tsp
Curry Leaves-2 sprigs
Tamarind- a small piece
1. Heat 1 tbs of oil in a pan and add chopped onions and green chillies.
2. When they turn golden, add chopped capsicum and tamarind.
3. Saute until the capsicum pieces are soft. Add salt and cook for a minute.
4. Remove from stove and allow the mixture to cool.
5. Grind to a smooth paste adding little water.
6. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add mustard.
7. When they crackle, add curry leaves and the ground paste.
8. Cover and cook until oil separates. The mixture splutters a lot so be careful while stirring.
9. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with idlis or dosas.