This cake has been in my draft folder for so long. When I saw this recipe at Srivalli’s Blog during the A-Z Blogging Marathon, I book marked it and made it for the next month’s Cooking From Other Blog theme. But as I opted out of that Blogging Marathon, this has been lying in my drafts since then. The texture came out very different from Srivalli’s cake but it tasted very delicious. The orange flavour was so strong and the tutti frutti added a nice colour and crunch to the cake. I served it topped with the caramel syrup. Never forget to mix the tutti frutti with flour, otherwise all the tutti frutti will sink to the bottom of the cake.
Recipe Source: Srivalli
Butter-4 tbs Melted
Flour/ Maida-1 1/4 cups + 1 tbs ( for coating the tutti frutti)
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Baking Powder-1 1/2 tsp
Condensed Milk-1 cup
Orange Juice-3/4 cup
Tutti Frutti- 1/4 cup
1. Whisk together butter and condensed milk.
2. Add the orange juice and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Add this to the orange juice condensed milk mixture.
5. Gently fold into a thick batter.
6. Toss the tutti frutti in 1 tbs flour
7. Add it to the batter and fold.
8. Pour into a greased loaf tin.
9. Sprinkle with some tutti frutti on top.
10. Preheat oven to 175C.
11. Bake for 25 minutes. Lower the temperature to 150C and bake for 5 more minutes.
12. Remove when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
13. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
14. Flip on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
15. Slice it up and serve..
Mix together butter and condensed milk.
Add the juice and mix.
Add the flour mixture.
Mix tutti frutti with flour.
Add it to the prepared batter.
Pour the batter in a greased tin.
Cool on wire rack when done.
Loved the colour of the cake.
Slice it up and serve. I topped it with caramel sauce. Want a slice???