Recipe Source: Fox Traveller Food Safari
Spinach-1 large bunch
Red Beans-1 1/2 cups ( if using dried beans, soak it overnight)
Red Chilly Powder-1 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Kasuri Methi-2-3 tbs
1. Finely chop the greens. It is better to use the food processor to make life easy.
2. In a pan add 1 tbs of oil and add the chopped mushrooms. Stir for 2 minutes and remove it onto a plate.
3. In the same pan add the remaining oil and add chopped onions.
4. Saute until golden.
5. Meanwhile in another pan, add the beans and peeled and sliced potatoes along with water and let it boil for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
6. When the onions are golden, add the tomatoes and saute for a minute.
7. Add the finely chopped greens and stir for a minute.
8. Add kasuri methi and saute for another minute.
9. Drain water from the beans and potatoes.
10. Add mushrooms, beans mixture along with 2 cups of water.
11. Add salt and red chilly powder.
12. Stir well. Mash the potato with the back of the ladle to thicken the gravy.
13. Cover and cook until all the ingredients come together in the gravy.
14. Serve hot along with rice.
Logo courtesy : Preeti