This was the most delicious of all the dishes I prepared for the thali. Panchmel sabzi is a combination of five vegetables cooked together with spices to create a fabulous sabzi. The five vegetables can be of your choice. I used capsicum, cluster beans, potatoes, cucumber and beans. This also goes very well with rice.
Cluster Beans-3/4 cup
Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds-1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
1. Heat oil and add mustard and cumin seeds.
2. When they crackle, add the vegetables and tomatoes.
3. Keep on stirring for 2 minutes.
4. Add the spice powders and salt.
5. Keep flame low, cover with lid and cook until the vegetables are cooked but retain crunchiness.
6. Add coriander leaves and remove from flame.
7. Serve it hot with rotis or rice.