Goond Ki Ladoo
CTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
Goond is an edible gum extracted from bark of a tree. They provide heat to the body and so it is consumed during winters. They are available in the form of crystals and you need to deep fry them in ghee before adding to the ladoo mixture. Wheat flour and sugar are the other ingredients used and I added some chopped pistachios for a crunchy texture. It was absolutely delicious. I also shared it with my neighbour and she liked it so much and the next day she made it at her home which pleased everyone there.
Makes 24 ladoos
Wheat Flour-1 1/4 cup
Edible Gum-3 tbs
Powdered sugar-1/2 cup
Ghee-6 tbs or extra as needed
Cardamom Powder-1/2 tsp
Chopped Pistas-5 tbs
1. Heat ghee and deep fry the goond until puffy.
2. Remove and allow it to cool. Grind it to a fine powder.
3. In the same ghee add the wheat flour and roast until brown and aromatic.
4. Remove from flame, add sugar, cardamom powder and powdered goond.
5. Add the chopped pistachios and mix well.
6. Try shaping into small ladoos. If it is very tough to shape, heat 2-3 tbs of ghee and add it to the mixture.
7. Mix well and now shape into ladoos.
8. Store in air tight box.