My daughter has been pestering me to make ice cream at home. I used to avoid making ice cream because of the unscheduled power shut downs. But now as we don’t have it, she reminded me to make ice cream. And fortunately I had all the necessary ingredients to make the ice cream. I planned on topping the ice cream with caramel sauce. As it is a very sweet sauce, I cut down the sweetness in the ice cream. But if you are not going to add any topping, you can double the amount of condensed milk to get really sweet ice cream. And it is very easy to prepare. Once you freeze it, you need to take it out once every hour and mix the ice cream with a wooden spoon. And after 4 or 5 times, you need to pulse it in the mixer an allow it to set overnight. In the morning creamy ice cream is ready to relish.
Fresh Cream-1 cup
Milk-1 cup + 2 tbs
Corn Flour-1 tsp
Condensed Milk-1 tin/ 2 cups ( If using topping add only 1/2 tin / 1 cup)
1. Bring milk to boil.
2. Mix 2 tbs of milk with 1 tsp cornflour until completely dissolved.
3. Add the condensed milk and the corn flour mixture to the milk and keep on stirring until all the ingredients are incorporated and the milk boils.
4. Keep on cooking for 2 minutes.
5. Switch off flame and allow the mixture to cool.
6. Peel skin and remove the flesh of mangoes.
7. Puree it in a mixer jar.
8. Add the mango puree and cream to the cool milk mixture and mix well.
9. Pour this mixture into an aluminium tin and cover with a silver foil.
10. Freeze it for an hour.
11. Remove from fridge and beat it with a wooden spoon.
12. Place it back in the fridge.
13. Repeat this for another 4 times.
14. Every time you remove the ice cream it will be harder than the previous time.
15. Finally put the whole mixture into a jar and run the mixture until smooth.
16. Pour it again into the tin, cover and leave it in fridge overnight.
17. Remove the ice cream 5 minutes before serving time and let it become little soft.
18. Fill half the cup with cubed apples, drizzle some caramel sauce over it. Scoop the ice cream with an ice cream scoop, arrange it on serving cups, top with caramel sauce and serve immediately.
Don’t you love it??