For The Tangzhong:
All Purpose Flour-1/6 cup
For The Bread:
All Purpose Flour-2 1/2 cups
Sugar-3 1/2 tbs
Curd/ Yogurt-1/4 cup
Baking Soda-a pinch
Milk Powder-1 1/2 tbs
Instant Yeast-2 tsp
For the Tangzhong:
1. Mix flour and milk.
2. Whisk until you get a lump free mixture.
3. Keep it on stove and keep on stirring until the mixture turns into a clumpy dough.
4. Remove from flame, pour the tangzhong into a bowl and cover with cling wrap.
5. The cling wrap should touch the surface of the tangzhong prepared.
6. Allow it to cool.
For The Bread:
1. Mix curd and a pinch of baking soda. Whisk and keep it aside.
2. In a bowl add flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
3. Make a well in the centre and add the prepared tangzhong and curd.
4. Add about 1/2 cup of water and make a soft sticky dough.
5. Add butter and knead until incorporated.
6. Take the dough to the counter and knead continuously for 10 minutes.
7. The dough should pass the window pane test.
8. Take a small piece of dough and stretch into a thin square. You should be able to stretch it with out breaking the dough. The dough should be thin enough to pass light through it. If the dough breaks then you need to knead it more. But if stretches without breaking, then you have done enough kneading.
9. Roll the dough into a ball.
10. Grease a bowl with oil, place the dough into it and slightly rotate to coat the dough with oil.
11. Cover with cling wrap and set it aside for 1 hour.
12. The dough should double in size.
13. Now poke a hole in the centre of the dough. If the hole stays as it is then you can proceed to the next step. If it bounces back then you need to proove it a little longer.
14. Punch down dough and roll it into a thin disc.
15. Cut it into 4 equal parts.
16. Roll each portion into a oval disc, roll it as a jelly roll.
17. Roll it again into a disc and roll again. Repeat it three times.
18. Make 4 rolls and place them in a greased bread tin.
19. Cover with a towel and allow it to double in size.
20. Preheat oven to 175C.
21. Brush the top of bread with milk and bake it for 30-35 minutes.
22. Remove from oven and brush it with butter.
23. When you can handle it with hand, remove it from the tin and place on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
24. Slice it up and enjoy..