This is a flavourful thuvaiyal/ chutney using coconut and white sesame seeds. I haven’t tempered the thuvaiyal. But if serving it as chutney for dosas, it can be thinned down by adding water and tempered with mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves. I served it as a side dish for beetroot rice I prepared. It was a delicious combination and the thuvaiyal is very easy to prepare.
White Sesame Seeds-3tbs
1. In a mixer jar, take grated coconut.
2. Dry roast sesame seeds until it starts to pop. Add it to the coconut.
3. Dry roast red chillies and add it to the jar.
4. Add garlic pods and salt to the coconut.
5. Add little water and grind it to a thick paste.
6. Serve it along with any variety rice.