I have already posted two beetroot rice recipes. This is the most favourite rice for my daughter. The colour of the rice and simple ingredients used makes it a perfect lunch box recipe. It is very easy to put together this rice and so during the early morning busy schedule, this can be a life saver. I served this rice along with sesame thuvaiyal/ chutney and it was a hit.
Channa Dhal-2 tbs
Mustard Urad Dhal-1 tsp
Hing/ Asafoetida-a pinch
Red Chilly Powder-1/4 tsp (or add more according to your taste)
1. Heat oil and add channa dhal.
2. Saute until golden. Add mustard urad dhal and hing.
3. When they splutter add beetroot and red chilly powder.
4. Add salt to taste and saute on low flame until beetroot is soft.
5. Add the cooked rice and mix well.
6. Serve it hot along with chutney of your choice. I served it along with sesame chutney.