For this month’s Blog Hop Wednesday, Radhika paired me with Smitha of kannada cuisine. She has a lot of authentic kannada recipes but I went through her bakes section. I saw these cookies and I knew I had to try them. I prepared these cookies twice. First I prepared it as per her instructions and my daughter loved them. But I was not satisfied because they came out flat and crumbly. I think I made a mistake while following the recipe. The next attempt, I did some changes in the recipe and the result was great. I used castor sugar instead of granulated sugar and used less vanaspathi. The cookies did melt in the mouth and full of coconut flavour.
Recipe Source: Smitha
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1cup
Dalda/ Vanaspathi/ Shortening-100gm
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and coconut and mix well.
3. Add vanaspathi and mix it to form a crumbly dough.
4. Take small portions of the dough and press it together to form a ball.
5. Place it on a lined baking tray.
6. Place the balls 1″ apart.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is cracked and slighly brown in colour.
8. Allow it o cool completely before removing from the tray.
9. Store in airtight jar.
Linking this to Blog Hop Wednesday#18 by Radhika and Srivalli’s Cookie Mela.