Today the next week of Blogging Marathon is commencing. I am posting under the theme Summer Salads. When you think of summer you can always think about mangoes. So when I thought about salad, I wanted to use mangoes in it. I combined raw mango with chickpeas and cucumber to prepare this nutritious and filling salad. I bought a jar of roasted sunflower seeds from Nilgiris recently. I used it as a topping for this salad and it gave a nice crunch to it. As the mango I used was not tangy, I used a whole lemon in the dressing. If the mango is tangy then reduce the juice accordingly.
- In a hand blender, add all the ingredients for the dressing to a coarse mixture.
- In a large bow, add the cooked chickpeas, cubed mango and peeled and cubed cucumber.
- Pour the dressing on top, add salt, chaat masala and coriander leaves.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with roasted sunflower seeds and serve immediately.