This has been in my draft folder for long. I prepared this to go paneer pulao and it was so nice. The koftas were very soft and this gravy is also good with parathas or naan. You can either deep fry the koftas or cook them in paniyaram pan for a healthy version. I deep fried the koftas because, it is ok to do it once in a while. The gravy is tomato based and is flavoured with mint and spices. The koftas have only paneer and corn flour and little bread crumbs to bring the paneer together so it was bit hard to handle. The dough was very crumbly but the final result was melt in the mouth kind of koftas. Sending this to Magic Mingle5
For The Koftas:
Paneer-150gm (home made is better)
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
Garam Masala-a pinch
Oil-To Deep Fry
For The Gravy:
Pudina/ Mint Leaves-1/4cup
Cinnamon-1 small piece
Ginger-a small piece
Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
1. Crumble paneer and mix the salt, red chilly powder, bread crumbs and fennel.
2. Add corn flour little by little until paneer comes together. Stop adding corn flour when it forms a dough.
3. Pinch balls out of it.
4. Heat 1tbs oil and deep fry the balls until golden brown. Keep it aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add the spices. When they crackle add ginger and garlic.
6. Saute for 30seconds.
7. Add onions and saute until golden.
8. Grind mint and coriander leaves to a smooth paste and add it to onions.
9. Saute until the mixture leaves oil. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they are mushy.
10. Remove from heat, cool and grind to a fine paste.
11. heat the remaining oil and add the paste. Add the spice powders and salt. Cook for two minutes. Add water to bring it to required consistency. When it starts boiling, add the koftas one by one.
12. Cover and cook for 2minutes.
13. Crush kasuri methi and sprinkle on the gravy.
14. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with lemon wedge.