Ginger Garlic Paste-2tbs
Orange Food Colour
1. Cut paneer into 1/2″cubes.
2. Mix ginger garlic paste, chilly powder, food colour, salt and nigella seeds.
3. Apply this paste on all the paneer pieces evenly. Be careful because paneer is very delicate at this point.
4. Let it marinade for 15minutes.
5. Sprinkle besan and mix until the paneer pieces are easy to handle.
6. Heat a non stick tawa and add oil.
7. Place all the paneer pieces on the tawa and cook on medium flame.
8. Use tongs to flip.
9. Cook until all sides are golden and crisp.
10. Remove from tawa and place on a serving bowl.
11. Sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve immediately.
I have prepared Paneer Amritsari before but this recipe is different and it comes from Tarla Dalal. This was part of Punjabi Thali I prepared. This is a famous adptation of Punjabi Fish Amritsari. the taste was very nice and I couldn’t keep my hands off the late. The chaat masala on top added a nice flavour to it. Paneer is marinated in a spice paste and then deep fried to get these crispy paneer. But I avoided frying and sauteed it on a non stick tawa until it became golden and crisp on all the sides. If you are trying it then either deep fry the paneer pieces or use a non stick tawa to do the job. It will be easier.