Today I planned to prepare sweet corn kebabs. As the kebabs I prepare are vegetarian, I need to find an ingredient to bind the kebab dough. For this kebab sweet corn acted as the binding ingredient. I kept the preparation simple. I also added chopped onions which gave the kebabs pakora taste. These are very nutritious as I have used oats, tofu and sweet corn. I have also limited the use of oil and so it is completely a guilt free snack. We relished it with tomato ketchup. The kebabs had a crispy crust and very light and soft interior flesh. I baked the kebabs in oven. Today is the fourth day of Blogging Marathon.
Quick Cooking Oats-1/2cup
Coriander Leaves-3tbs(finely chopped)
1. Pressure cook corn without salt and remove the kernels from cob.
2. Grind it in a mixer grinder to a coarse paste without adding water.
3. Heat oil and roast oats until aromatic.
4. Crumble tofu and add it to oats and roast until fragrant.
5. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Add corn paste, salt, green chillies, onion, sesame seeds, cilantro and cumin powder.
7. Mix well to form a dough.
8. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and shape 6 kebabs on skewer rods.
9. Preheat oven to 250C.
10. Place the rods on a tray and bake the kebabs for 15-20minutes or until golden.
11. Remove kebabs from the rods and serve hot along with ketchup.
Take all the ingredients in a bowl.
Mix to make a dough.
Shape kebabs on skewer rods.
Bake until golden.
I am linking this to Srivalli’s Kebab Mela and CWS-Corn hosted at South Indian Recipes and started by Priya.