Murungai Poo/ Drumstick flowers-2tbs
Tamarind-a small lemon sized ball
Coriander Leaves/ Cilantro-2tbs(finely chopped)
1. Soak tamarind and crush it. Add tomato and crush.
2. Add water and reove all the pulp after extracting the liquids.
3. Add pepper powder, cumin powder and broken red chilly.
4. Heat 1/2tbs oil and saute the drumstick flowers until golden.
5. Keep it aside and heat the remaining oil in the same pan.
6. Add the tempering ingredients in order.
7. When they splutter, add the prepared rasam and the drumstick flowers.
8. Switch flame to medium.
9. The rasam will start frothing. Do not allow it to boil.
10. In a bowl, add salt and cilantro.
11. When the rasam reaches boiling stage, pour it into the bowl.
12. Cover immediately with a lid.
13. Serve after 5 minutes with hot rice and papad.