Any keerai/ Greens-3cups
Green Chilly-1 or 2
Grated Fresh Coconut-2-3tbs
1. Prepare the keerai and wash it. If they are larger leaves then chop it into small pieces.
2. Heat oil and add mustard urad dhal mixture. When it crackles, add onions and finely chopped green chillies.
3. Saute until golden.
4. Add the keerai, salt and sprinkle some water on top.
5. Switch flame to low, cover the pan and cook until the keerai dries.
6. Don’t add lots of water because, keerai tends to leave water when added salt.
7. Switch off flame and add the coconut.
8. Give it a nice stir and transfer to a serving dish.
P.S: Add coconut after switching off the flame. This will keep the coconut fresh. As per my Yoga Teacher’s advice, coconut when cooked gives lots of calories while fresh coconut is low in calorie level.