Today the second week of Blogging Marathon#13 has started. I will be posting under seven days of Kebabs theme. Kebabs are expected to originate from Persia. Usually meat or lamb are used in the preparation. Kebabs are inserted in a skewer rod and cooked in tandoor. Even tikkis come under this category. I will be posting vegetarian recipes for kebabs for the whole week. In vegetarian recipes the main ingredient can be tofu, paneer or potato. The binding ingredient can be corn flour or flour or bread crumbs. I will be grilling my kebabs in oven. Are you ready for the week long treat? The green peas kebab is a good party starter. As I have made it into small kebabs on tooth picks, you can serve it easily in a party.
Fresh / Frozen Green Peas-1cup
1. Place a potato inside a small bowl and place it inside a pressure cooker filled with 1cup of water.
2. Cover, switch on flame and put the weight on.
3. When it whistles, switch flame to low and cook for 10-15minutes.
4. Remove the weight and release pressure. Open the cooker and check the potato with a tooth pick.
5. If fully cooked, remove from the bowl, peel the skin and mash it with out any lumps.
6. Measure 1/2cup from it.
7. Grind together peas, garlic, green chillies and clove into a coarse paste with out adding water.
8. Add this paste to the mashed potatoes.
9. Add salt and bread slices and knead well.
10. Heat 2tbs oil in a pan and add this mixture and cook on low flame until the mixture becomes dry and the raw smell of peas is gone.
11. Divide dough into 14 equal portions.
12. Roll each portion into a small cylinder.
13. Insert each cylinder into a tooth pick.
14. Preheat oven to 250C with grill setting.
15. Place all the kebabs on the wire tray and place it on the top shelf.
16. Apply a coat of oil on the kebabs.
17. Grill until firm.
18. Serve hot along with tomato ketchup.
A close look at the ketchup dipped Kebab..
I am linking this to Srivalli’s Kebab Mela.