CTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
This recipe has been lying in my drafts for long. I prepared this to go along with sprouted wheat rotis and it was a delicious and healthy combo. Tofu is a great source of protien and it has a low calorie content. After googling, I found out that 100gm of tofu contains 4gm of fat and provides 70kcal whereas 100gm of paneer has 20gm fat and provides 265kcal. The protein content is almost equal in both which is nearly 20gm. So if you are dieting,tofu is a great substitute for paneer. This is the first time my daughter tasted tofu and she accepted it as being nutritious. I told her that it gives strength and she ate it. My hubby liked it so much.
Ginger garlic Paste-3tbs
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
1. Cut tofu into small cubes.
2. Add a tsp of oil in a non stick pan and saute the tofu pieces until golden. Keep them aside.
3. Heat 2tbs olive oil and add finely chopped onions. When golden add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell is gone.
4. Grind tomatoes along with the powders to a smooth paste.
5. Add this paste to the onion mixture and saute until oil floats.
6. Add salt and enough water to make a gravy.
7. When it starts boiling, add the tofu pieces and coriander leaves.
8. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
9. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot along with your favorite flat bread.
10. If you want a thicker gravy add a tsp of corn flour to 1/2cup milk and add it to the gravy. Bring it to boil and when it starts thickening serve it hot.