I prepared these cute rolls last week. But couldn’t find time in posting the recipe. I made it with brown sugar and olive oil to make it guilt free. Unexpectedly, I had visitors at home and I served them these rolls along with jam and butter for the evening to go with their coffee. They liked it very much and hubby was so happy. I am sending this to Yeastspotting.
Flour / Maida-1cup
1. Mix instant yeast, warm water and sugar and keep it aside to proof.
2. Mix flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Mix oil, curd and zest along with the orange juice.
4. Add the proofed yeast mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a soft dough.
6. If the dough is sticky, dust it with flour and knead for 10minutes.
7. Oil a bowl and place the dough into it and rotate the bowl to coat the dough with oil.
8. Cover with wrap and set it aside for 1 hour or until double.
9. Punch down dough and divide it into 8 equal parts.
10. Roll each ball into a long rope and shape it into a roll as shown.
11. Arrange on a baking tray and allow it to rise for 30minutes.
12. Coat the top of the roll with milk and sprinkle sugar on top.
13. Preheat oven to 180C.
14. Bake the rolls for 18-20minutes.
15. Cool on wire rack.
16. Serve warm with Jam and Butter.
|Divide the dough into 8 equal parts
|Roll each portion into a long rope
|Shape it into a spiral
|Tuck the end below
|Arrange on baking tray
|When doubled, brush with milk and sprinkle sugar
|Bake and serve