All Purpose Flour-1cup
Sesame Seeds-for topping
1. Mix flours, yeast, salt and sugar.
2. Add the pumpkin puree and oil and mix.
3. Now add warm water little by little and knead a soft dough.
4. Knead the dough for 5-8minutes.
5. Oil a bowl, place the dough inside and cover with wrap.
6. Let it rise for 1 hour.
7. Punch down dough. Divide it into 4 equal parts.
8. Divide each piece into two so that you get 8 equal portions of the dough.
9. While working on a portion, keep others covered.
10. Preheat oven to 240C.
11. Bring 8cups of water and baking soda to boil.
12. Roll each portion into a 35cm long rope.
13. Twist the ends as shown in figure.
14. Fold it so that the ends overlap on the circle as shown.
15. Drop it into the boiling water immediately.
16. Flip it after one minute.
17. Remove from water after one minute.
18. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and place on a foil lined baking tray.
19. When the tray is full, bake the pretzels for 15-20minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
20. I made two batches with each batch containing four pretzels.
21. After shaping, immediately drop into boiling water. If the pretzels start rising, it will become messy when lifting(I learnt it the hard way)
22. Cool on wire rack and serve.
|Divide dough into 4 pieces and then divide each piece into two|
|Roll into a rope|
|Twist the ends|
|Fold over to overlap and pinch|
|Boil for one minute for each side|
|Sprinkle sesame seeds|
|Place on a foil lined tray and bake|
|Cool on wire rack|