Garlic-a small piece
Fresh Cream-for topping
1. Remove the outer hesk and the fibres from the corn.
2. Add water and close lid.
3. When the water starts boiling, switch flame to medium and let it cook for 10-15minutes.
4. Remove from water and let it cool.
5. Remove the corn kernels using a knife.
6. Heat oil and splutter fennel seeds. Add finely chopped garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute.
7. Add the onions ad saute until they are golden.
8. Add the corn kernels and saute for a minute.
9. Add 2 cups of water. When it starts boiling, add crushed oregano and switch flame to low. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5minutes. This is just to infuse the flavours of the spices into the soup.
10. Filter the stock. Grind the filtered ingredients to a fine paste. Add water if necessary.
11. Now add the paste to the stock and mix well.
12. Filter the whole mixture through a metal sieve.
13. Add water if you want the soup thin. Heat 1 tsp oil and add the cumin and pepper powder. When they start browning, add the soup and bring it to boil. Add salt to taste. Simmer and let it boil for 1 minute.
14. Switch off stove. Top with cream and Serve it hot with croutons.
Creamy Sweet Corn Soup
I am a great fan of creamy soups. I loved this comforting soup. Yesterday, we had a perfect dinner with this soup and Wheat naan and Paneer butter masala. The recipe of the wheat Naan will be posted tomorrow. Usually I boil the sweet corn with salt and it is my daughter’s favourite. I had two corns and so one was relished by Sruti and the other went into this delicious soup. The preparation is very easy and you are sure to win hearts. You can also prepare it and refrigerate it the previous day. On the day of serving, just warm it up and serve it with croutons.