Red Chilly Powder-1/4tsp(this is for kids. If you want it hot, add 1tsp)
Red Chilly Flakes-1/4tsp(optional)
1. Heat 1tsp oil and saute the cleaned and cut banana blossom.
2. Pressure cook potatoes, peel skin and mash.
3. Add the sauteed banana blossom, salt, shah jeera and red chilly powder.
4. Shape them into small balls.
5. Grind the bread slices to fine crumbs. Add red chilly flakes and oregano and mix well.
6. Preheat oven to 200C.
7. Grease a baking tray with 2tsp oil.
8. Mix corn flour with 1/8cup water.
9. Dip each ball in the corn flour mixture and immediately place it on the bread crumbs. Roll to coat it evenly.
10. Press to make a flat cutlet.
11. Arrange on the baking tray.
12. When finished with all balls, place the tray in oven and bake for 5-7minutes.
13. Flip the cutlets and bake for another 7minutes.
14. When the sides are brown and crisp, remove from oven and serve them hot along with tomato sauce.
Mini Banana Blossom Cutlets
I prepared these cute and soft cutlets using banana blossom and potatoes. For coating, I used fresh bread crumbs with herbs for a different flavor. I also baked them to make a healthy snack. We enjoyed it with tomato sauce yesterday evening. I made them smaller in size and kids will fall for it for sure. Add more chilly powder to make it hot and suit your taste. I am sending this to Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight hosted by Champa this month under the theme Mini Bites.
I am also sending this to
Herbs and Flowers In My Platter- Banana Blossom guest hosted by Saffronstreaks and started by PJ