Recipe adapted from Joy Of Baking
Light Brown Sugar-80gm
Molasses-1/8cup (I used Homemade Vanilla Syrup)
Buttermilk-1/4cup (substitute for an egg)
1. In a bowl add flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Mix well.
2. Mix buttermilk, molasses, olive oil and vanilla extract.
3. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and prepare a soft dough.
4. On a slightly floured surface, form the dough into a log of 30cm*5cm.
5. Place on a greased baking tray.
6. Preheat oven to 175C.
7.. Bake the dough for 20minutes or until firm to touch.
8. Remove from oven and let it cool for 10minutes.
9. With a serrated knife, cut into slices of 3cm width.
10. Arrange the pieces with cut side down on a tray.
11. Reduce oven temperature to 140C.
12. Bake for 8-10minutes.
13. Flip the pieces to the next cut side.
14. Bake for another 10minutes. They must be firm to touch. Though they are slightly soft, it doesn’t matter.
15. Cool on wire rack. They will become light and crisp on cooling.
16. Serve along with coffee.
|Shape the dough into a log|
|Bake until firm|
|Cut into slices and bake|
|Serve with coffee|
You can view other bloggers taking part along with me here.