Palapodi / Grated Baby Jack Fruit-1 1/2cups
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
Garam Masala Powder-1/4tsp
Oil-to deep fry
1. Grind fried gram to fine powder.
2. Mix all the ingredients except oil.
3. Sprinkle 1 or 2 tbs water and bring everything together. Do not add more water because it will be soggy once fried.
4. Heat enough oil in a a pan.
5. Make small balls out of the dough.
6. Fry the balls in oil till golden brown.
7. Serve hot.
Palakkai / Baby Jack Fruit Kola Urundai
If you have read yesterday’s post, you know that I promised to post another recipe with palapodi(grated baby jack fruit). It is this delicious kola urundai. You can refer yesterday’s post for preparing jack fruit for cooking. These kola urundais are deep fried balls made with grated jack fruit. These balls are crispy on the outside and have soft interior.