I had some broccoli florets and a Delhi carrot in my fridge. I just wanted to use it up. Yesterday, I thought of preparing wheat vermicelli upma. I just added those veggies to the upma and the flavour was quite different, but nice. We enjoyed it with coconut chutney. You can use any vegetable to this upma.
Onion-1 big/ 2 small
Brocolli-1/2cup9cut into small pieces)
Mustard and Urad dhal-1tsp
1. Dry roast vermicelli until its colour changes. Allow it to cool.
2. Heat oil and splutter mustard and urad dhal.
3. Add curry leaves if using.
4. Add onion and saute till golden brown.
5. Add green chillies and the vegetables. Add salt.
6. Switch flame to low and saute till the vegetables are cooked. Stir it often to avoid burning.
7. You can also sprinkle some water and cook the vegetables.
8. Add water and bring it to boil.
9. Add the roasted vermicelli and let it cook.
10. When 3/4th done, switch flame to low and cover the pan.
11. Once the water has been absorbed, switch off flame.
12. Keep the pan covered for 2 minutes.
13. Serve hot along with chutney of your choice.