Kurivi Thalai Pavakkai / Baby Bitter Gourd-200gm
Tamarind-size of a small lemon
Mustard and Urad dhal-1tsp
Curry Leaves-1 sprig
1. Trim the small stem of the bitter gourd on both sides.
2. Finely slice 15 onions.
3. Heat oil and splutter methi, mustard and urad dhal. Add curry leaves and onion.
4. Saute till golden brown.
5. Add the bitter gourds.
6. Saute on low flame till they change colour.
7. Add chopped tomato. Cook on low flame for 2minutes.
8. Grind 10 onions into a fine paste. Extract juice from tamarind.
9. Add tamarind juice and onion paste. Add sambhar powder, turmeric powder and salt.
10. When it comes to boil, switch flame to low and close the pan with a lid.
11. Allow it to cook until it reaches the gravy consistency.
12. Remove from flame and transfer to a bowl.
13. Serve hot with rice.
|For those who doesn’t know about Kurivi Thalai Pavakkai (These bitter gourds resemble sparrow’s head)|
For another interesting dish with these cute baby bitter gourds follow the link.