1. Mix flour with salt, sugar and butter. As I used instant yeast I added it to the flour.(If you are using dry yeast, then mix it with sugar and 1/4cup warm water, let it rise and add it to flour)
2. Mix warm water gradually and prepare a soft dough.(You may not use up the whole amount of water. So add it gradually)
3. Knead it for 10 minutes till elastic.
4. Oil a bowl, place the dough inside and roll to coat. Cover with cling wrap and set it aside for 1 hour.
5. When the dough is double the size, punch it down and divide it into 6 equal parts. Roll each portion into a tight ball.
6. Grease two bread tins with butter and place three balls in one tin.
7. Cover with cling wrap and keep it aside for 20minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 175C.
9. Bake the buns in oven for 20-25minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
10. Remove from oven, keep on a wire rack and brush the crust with butter.
11. When cool, store in an airtight box.
|After 1 hour, the dough has doubled|
|Divide into 6 portions, roll and place them in bread tins.|
|Let it rise for 20 minutes|
|Brush with butter after baking|
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
Besan/Chick Pea Flour-1/2cup
Oil-For deep frying
1. Pressure cook potatoes, remove skin and mash with a fork.
2. Heat a tsp oil and splutter cumin.
3 Add finely chopped garlic.
4. When raw smell vanishes, add red chilly powder, turmeric and give a quick stir.
5. Add the mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well.
6. Add coriander leaves and mix. Switch off flame and let the mixure cool down.
7. Mix besan, soda and salt. Add water and prepare a thick batter.
8. Divide the potato mixture into 6 equal portions(about the size of a large lemon)
9. Flatten it. Heat oil in a frying pan.
10. Dip the potato discs in the batter and drop it gently into the hot oil.
11. Fry till golden brown, flipping it to fry it on all sides.
12. Remove from oil.
|Flatten the balls|
|Dip in batter|
|Fry till golden brown|
1. Heat tawa and add 2tbs butter.
2. Slice two pav rotis horizontally.
3. Place them on tawa, cut side facing the butter and roast on low flame.
4. Repeat with other two rotis.
5. Apply green chutney on all the roasted sides according to your taste.
6. Apply sweet chutney on the green chutney layer.
7. Place each aloo vada on the lower portion of each pav.
8. Keep the top portion on vada.
9. Serve it immediately.
|Roast the split pavs|
|Apply the chutneys|
|Place the vad|
|Cover with the top portion|