Recipe Source: Click here
Coriander Leaves/Cilantro/Kothumalli-2cups(finely chopped)
Green Chillies-4(chopped finely)
Ginger Garlic Paste-1tsp
Lemon Juice-2tsp(I used 1/2 tsp citric acid instead)
1. In a bowl mix all the ingredients except oil. Add water and prepare a thick batter(Consistency of idly batter)
2. Grease a square tin and pour the batter.
3. Steam cook the batter for 30minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
4. Let it cool.
5. Invert the tin and remove it to a plate. Cut it to square pieces.
6. Heat 1/4inches oil in a skillet and fry the cut pieces on all sides till golden brown and crisp.
7. Serve hot along with chutney.
This is the steam cooked vadi. You can also splutter mustard, curry leaves and pour it on the steam cooked vadi along with some grated coconut and relish it like dokla. Or you can apply some oil on all sides and bake it in oven for a guilt free snack
Sending this as an entry to Herbs and Flowers on my Platter-Cilantro by Krithi and started by PJ
and Flavors of Maharashtra going at Pj’s blog started by Naina