For the dough:
For the Filling:
Strawberry-1cup(cut to small pieces)
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dough and prepare a soft dough.
2. Knead it for 10minutes. Place in a bowl and cover with cling wrap.
3. Keep it aside for 2 hours.
4. It will slightly puff up. Knead the dough for another 1 minute.
5. When the dough is rising, prepare the filling.
6. Grind the pumpkin seeds to a coarse powder.
7. Mix sugar and strawberries. Leave it for some time. It will leave out some liquid. Now mix in the bread crumbs, pumpkin seed powder, vanilla and cut fruits. If the filling is watery add more bread crumbs.
8. Prepare the dough as shown in photo tutorial.
9. Preheat oven to 175C.
10. Place little filling in the cut dough pieces.
11. Fold dough over and press the sides to seal.
12. Arrange on a greased baking tray.
13. Bake for 15minutes.
14. Flip the rolls. Bake again for 15 minutes.
15. Cool on wire rack.
16. Serve with tea or coffee.
As I have shown the preparation of the dough many times in the previous posts, I am starting from the rolling part.
|Roll the dough into a circle|
|Fold it twice so that three layers are formed|
|Roll it into a rectangle|
|Bring one end to the centre|
|Fold the other side over|
|Again roll it to a square|
|Fold it into half|
|Bring both ends to the middle|
|Fold them over as for a book|
|Roll it to a rectangle|
|Cut it into two|
|Roll each portion into a square and cut into 8 rectangles|
|Keep the filling(I reduced the filling because this amount of filling oozed out)|
|Fold it over and press edges togrther to seal|
|Arrange on a tray|
|Flip the rolls after 15 minutes and bake|
|Enjoy with tea|