Ponni raw rice ( pacharisi)-1 cup
Mustard and urad dhal-1tsp
1. Heat water in a mud pot. When it starts boiling, transfer 3/4th of the water to another bowl.
2. Add washed and soaked rice and salt. Add a teaspoon of till oil to prevent the water from oozing out.
3. Cook rice till mushy. Add hot water at regular intervals. Cook on medium high flame. Stir it continuous to avoid burning of the bottom.
4. When cooked, cover and switch off flame.
5. Pressure cook mochai payaru with turmeric powder and a tsp of till oil for 15 minutes.(when the first whistle blows, switch flame to low and let it cook for 15 minutes )
6. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
7. When splutters add onion and green chillies. Saute till translucent.
8. Add the cooked payaru. Add salt to taste.
9. When it boils add grated coconut and let it boil for one more minute.
10. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
11. When serving, dip a ladle in water and take the rice with that ladle. This prevents sticking of the rice to ladle.
12. Pour some gravy to the side of rice.
13. Drizzle 1tbs ghee on the gravy.
|After removing the outer skin (Pidhukku payaru)|
|Rice should be cooked like this.|
The Circle of Friends Award:
First I should apologise to Jaleela for posting this very late. I have been awarded with the circle of friends award by Jalleela of Samayal Attakasangal. Her blog is very informative. Please visit her blog for the useful articles. Thank You Jalleela Akka!