This is a yummy vegetable and it looks like mini jack fruit. It tastes like bitter gourd. I think this is the season because I can see this veggie in every store in Madurai.
Salt- to taste
Mustard and urad dhal-1tsp
1. Heat oil and add mustard and urad dhal.
2. When splutters add finely chopped onions and curry leaves and saute till golden brown.
3. Add pazhu pavakkai and saute till it becomes tender.
4. Add salt, turmeric and sambar powders and 1/2 cup of water.
5. When it starts boiling bring flame to low and cover the pan and cook until the water is evaporated and the varuval lets out oil.
6. Serve it with hot steamed rice and rasam.