Urad dhal flour-1/8cup
- Soak rice for 2 hours and filter water.
- Grind it to a fine flour and sieve it with urad dhal flour.
- Add till seeds.
- Crush jaggery and add water to it.
- Bring to a boil and switch off flame.
- Filter the jaggery syrup directly into the flour and mix it with a spoon.
- At first the dough will seem to be runny but when it cools it will come to the perfect consistency.
- Roll out firm small balls. I made 90 urundais with the given ingredients.
- Heat oil on medium flame and deep fry the balls.
- If oil is very hot the urundai will be blackened on the outside but would be raw inside.
- If the oil is slightly hot the the balls will be disintegrated.
- If the heat is perfect and the dough consistency is correct then you can see that the ball cracks.
- Fry till golden brown and remove from oil and allow it to cool.
- When cool it becomes crisp. Enjoy.
|Mix rice and urad dhal flours to till seeds|
|Bring syrup to boil|
|Filter it to the flour mixture|
|Roll out balls|
|Deep fry till golden brown|