This is a very interesting and simple recipe which needs no vegetables. It is very easy to make and it goes very well with chapathi, poori and roti. I prefer making this when I am tired or feel bored to cook. I had some whey water left after preparing paneer. So I used it instead of water in this recipe. It came out delicious.
Moong dhal-1 cup
Sambar powder-2 tsp
Coriander leaves-for garnishing
1. Soak moong dhal for 30 minutes.
2. Pressure cook moong dhal with turmeric powder and till seed oil.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and urad dhal.
4. Add onion and cook till golden brown.
5. Add green chillies and tomatoes.
6. Add sambar powder, hing, salt to taste and cook till the raw smell is gone.
7. Add the cooked moong dhal and add water.
8. Let this boil for 5 minutes.
9. Garnish dhal with coriander leaves.
10. Serve it hot with chapathis or rotis.
|Ingredients for frying
|Fried onion and tomatoes
|Add hing, salt, sambar powder
|Add cooked dhal and water
|Let it boil for 5 minutes