Makes 10 urundais
Sivappu Puttu Flour–1/2 cup
Grated Fresh Coconut-1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder-1/4 tsp
1. Sprinkle water and crumble the puttu flour until it is wet. Be careful while sprinkling. We don’t want a dough.
2. You should be able to make a ball out of the flour, but it needs to be crumbly. Do not knead it into a dough. Grind it in a mixer to get rid of any lumps.
3. Transfer the flour to a cotton cloth.
4. Bundle it up and steam cook for 15- 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the cloth and transfer it to a large plate/ thambalam.
6. Add sugar, cardamom powder and coconut.
7. Mix it well.
8. Divide into 10 equal portions and shape each into a laddu.
9. Alternately you can serve it in a bowl with a spoon.
Steam cook for 15-20 minutes.