Papdi is a base for many chaat items and is easily available in the market. But it is also very easy to make it at home and it tastes better than the store bought ones. Here is a simple recipe for home made papdis. I will be posting some interesting chaats in my other blog.
All Puirpose Flour/ Maida-2 cups
Nigella Seeds-1 tsp
Oil-To Deep Fry
1. Mix together flour, salt, nigella seeds and oil in a bowl.
2. Add water to make a stiff dough.
3. Cover and set it aside for 30 minutes.
4. Knead the dough to make it soft and smooth.
5. Divide it into small balls.
6. Roll each ball into a thin disc.
7. Cut out small circles using a cookie cutter or bottle cap.
8. Prick all over the circles with a fork so that the papdis does not puff up.
9. Heat oil in a pan.
10. Deep fry the circles in small batches until golden.
11. Cool and store in air tight jar for further use.
Mix the ingredients.
Mix water to make a stiff dough.
Roll each portion of the dough into a thin circle.
Cut into circles.
Prick with a fork.
Deep fry in oil.
When golden remove from oil.
Use it for chaats…