Today comes another upma for the third day of Blogging Marathon #21. I made it with fresh bread crumbs and it is totally different from the bread upma I posted yesterday. I chopped onions into thick squares and so got a nice crunch in the upma which alternated the soft bread crumbs.I just added some grated carrots for garnish to make it bit colourful. It is very simple to make and very tasty. As it doesn’t have any spices, chutney or pickle would be great with this upma.
Curry Leaves-1 sprig
Mustard Urad Dhal-1tsp
1. Grind the bread slices to fine crumbs in the mixer.
2. In a pan add 1 tbs oil and saute the bread crumbs until brown.
3. Transfer it to a bowl.
4. Heat the remaining oil and add the mustard urad dhal.
5. When they crackle, add curry leaves, green chilies and onions.
6. Saute until onion turns golden.
7. Add salt and mix.
8. Add in the bread crumbs and give a nice stir.
9. Serve hot along with pickle or chutney.