I love masal vadai from my child hood. I also love murungai keerai/ drumstick leaves. So the combination was worth trying. Drumstick leaves are bitter when tasted separately but when combined in adai or vadai, it enhances the taste. This is not my daughter’s favourite, but it is my favourites from childhood combined together. This is a perfect evening snack for a rainy day. Serve it hot with a cup of coffee to beat the rain. I am linking this to Kid’s Delight- Warm Foods To Beat The Rain by Pradnya and started by Srivalli.
Kadalai Paruppu/ Channa Dhal-250gm
Drumstick Leaves-a handful
Oil-To deep fry
1. Soak dhal for 2-3hours.
2. In a hand mixer add coriander leaves, cloves, green chillies and grind it to a coarse mixture with out adding water.
3. Wash and drain water from dhal. Grind this dhal into a coarse paste. Do not add above 2tsp of water.
4. Add the coriander leaves paste, drumstick leaves, fennel seeds and salt to the ground dhal.
5. Mix well. Make small balls out of the loose dough.
6. Heat oil. Flatten each ball in your palm and gently drop into oil.
7. Fry until golden brown.
8. Serve hot along with a cup of coffee or tea.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#18