Today is a simple lunch which includes my daughter’s lunch box dishes and a stir fry for us. She took mangai saadam to school along with her potato stir fry. I prepared the potato to suit her taste. We had it along with bitter gourd roast. There was a bowl of cucumber slices to cool the heat and of course, curd and pickle along with plain white rice to complete the meal. It was simple yet satisfying.
1. Remove skin and grate the mango.
2. Heat oil and add channa dhal.
3. Stir on medium flame until it becomes golden.
4. Add mustard and urad dhal. Add curry leaves. When they crackle add mango and saute until it leaves oil.
5. Add the idli milagai podi and methi powder and stir.
6. Switch off flame and let it cool.
7. Mix with plain white rice and serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#15
Sending this to Srivalli’s Thali Mela