1. Cut carrot and beans into small pieces. Chop onion and green chillies.
2. In a pressure cooker, add oil and add mustard seeds and urad dhal.
3. When they crackle, add curry leaves.
4. When curry leaves change colour, add onion and green chillies.
5. Saute until golden.
6. Add beans and carrot.
7. Add salt and 2tbs water.
8. Close the cooker and put on weight.
9. When it whistles twice, switch off flame. Release pressure and open the lid immediately.
10. Make sure that there is no water in the carrot. Add grated coconut and give a nice stir.
11. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Carrot Beans Poriyal
Usually beans is prepared separately and carrot is prepared as a separate poriyal. But as my daughter likes this colour combination, I prepare it like this. This is very easy to prepare and delicious too. This poriyal finds its place in my daughter’s lunch box once in a week. While adding grated coconut to poriyal, I always add it after switching off the stove. By this way, the coconut remains fresh and the poriyal looks nice.